THE VINTAGE SIM
Photography: New Haven



Welcome to New Haven. I have had a really horrible week and I am struggling to embrace an inevitable change in my life, starting tomorrow. I'm moving back to Texas. I'm going to go back to school there, and get graduated as soon as I can. I'm hoping to make things at Full Sail work out, but based on my financial situation at present, I'm not sure. *sigh*

Anyway, pic scam. I haven't been in the mood to play Sims at all lately because of the emotional burden of Life recently, but I did find time to distract myself by starting a new hood yesterday. It's titled New Haven City, but it's a working title. Ideas are most welcome.























>

The setting is primarily urban grunge, but the opposite side of the river harbors some open land. I'd say the history of New Haven once revolved around agriculture, but as time went on and technology boomed, the city grew upward into skyscrapers, only to leave behind small remnants of its rustic heritage in the form of an old wooden barn, windmill, and unattended crop fields.

One thing I hate about choosing a concrete terrain for a hood is that from lot view, everything is gray and trees are sprouting about from cement. I plan to do mostly apartments for this hood, since its setting is urban. So, it's not a huge deal, but it can be an eye sore for stories.

I do want to begin writing again, especially since I really could use a way to channel my emotions into something physical. I mean, writing isn't necessarily physical, but it's pulling words and channeling them onto paper, onto a computer, or into Sims. The idea is the same. Out from mind, out from heart. Doesn't really matter where it goes, so long as it's out of my head!

Plus, it's something that I really enjoy and I think most of my readers back in my TSR days enjoyed as well. I have a lot on my plate right now that I want to do for Sims, as I keep saying. But of course, I'm feeling highly disorganized in ALL aspects of my life at the moment, so uploading seems a bit unlikely at the moment. I need to get shit together.

oh kay. enough chit chat.
comments always appreciated!

xtina

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

I mean WOW! It looks really really great! I can't wait to see more! <3

February 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM    

Blogger Christina said...

thanks ashley!! glad you like it! i hope to do something important with it!

February 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM    

Anonymous Camy said...

I really thought this was the Sims 3 until I read the notes down at the bottom. Wow, just, WOW.

This is simply breathtaking. I would really love to live there myself.

February 16, 2011 at 12:26 AM    

Blogger Christina said...

thanks so much Camy! I have a little addiction to building hoods. There are like 3 lots in this hood right now. lol. I spent all this time just placing buildings.

February 16, 2011 at 8:37 AM    

Blogger Gardenof said...

Hey Christina! This looks awesome and like Camy said I' thought it was Sims 3 too. As for the move, I'm a great believer in that things happen for a reason, and I'm sure this is a positive move for you in your life, chin up gal and just suck it and see lol, plus at the end of the day we'll be here to help you off load if needed. Hugs

February 17, 2011 at 6:55 PM    

Blogger Christina said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww thanks so much GardenOf <3 that's very kind of you. It's so great to have support and thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I've devised a plan that I'm very happy with so that's a step. Now I just need to plan it out!

February 17, 2011 at 7:01 PM    

Blogger S.B. said...

Beautifully done! Those TS3 conversions look much better from a distance than they do close up: they look wonderful in your shots here.

Take care and don't worry too much about how things will work out. Nothing, NOTHING ever works out the way you expect anyway. *hugs*

February 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM    

Blogger Christina said...

Thanks Beth! Glad to see you here, always! And yeah, I think they look pretty nice. Although, in my next hood, they probably won't really fit, not sure yet.

You're telling me..lol. *sigh* It's crazy how life twists and turns.

February 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM    

Post a Comment